Monday, October 15, 2012

Nolan Michael Connor

Well I started this blog right after I found out I was pregnant and here I am today with a 16 month old active little boy. I am going to do my best to summarize all my favorites  in a few posts from the last 16 months and start blogging weekly going forward.

Well after finding out we were pregnant I got right to work on all the things a new mommy does decorating the nursery, reading blogs, looking at baby names, reading new baby blogs, putting together list after list of what I need and reading more blogs! To say the least I think I educated myself very well and was as prepared as can be for what God had in plan for John and I as parents.

Originally we didn't want to find out the sex of the baby. In January at one of my routine sonograms I had to wait a little bit longer than usual because the technicians husband had a heart attack that morning but she insisted on still coming to work after he was stable. I could not believe that she still came in and didn't cancel all her appointments, I was very grateful because I got to see our little baby and it was because she chose to come into work. While looking at the sonogram I was asking her how her husband was and saying thank you for still making it in to work. She was clearly frazzled and doing the best should could to keep it together. Then she started talking about the baby and the "it" was looking good and very healthy. She started by there is the nose, hand, heartbeat, foot, and penis. I sat up within second "what" and she froze "Oh no, did you not want to know!" I didn't have the heart to tell her we wanted it to be a surprise. Now I had to tell John, I called him the second I got out of the office, I felt so guilty that I knew and he didn't get to be a part of that moment. Looking back I probably should have made it special for him and not a phone call but I was shocked myself. We both didn't realize how much we both believed we were having a girl until the nurse confirmed it was a boy.

The rest of my pregnancy was good, I really didn't have any pregnancy symptoms the whole time. Like every woman I was tired but nothing to complain about.

Nolan Michael Connor was born June 13, 2011 at 11:14 am. He made his entrance into the world fast. I was only in labor for 20 minutes. From the time I felt my first contraction to the time he was born it was only 20 minutes. I was truly blessed, he took it easy on me and only caused 20 minutes of pain! From 11:14am forward our lives have changed in the most incredible way.

Ready to Go Home
 

No comments:

Post a Comment