Friday, October 19, 2012

Pumpkin Time... A little taste of the Midwest

Fall is my absolute favorite time of the year. I start talking about Starbucks Pumpkin Spiced Lattes the last week of August while it is still 100 degrees outside! But they are worth the wait. And then follows pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin farms, carving pumpkins, Halloween, and Turkey  I love it all.

It is finally starting to feel like Fall in Dallas nothing will every be like back home in Chicago but I'll take the 70 degree weather and pretend it is 50. Nolan and I took our first adventure to the Dallas Arboretum and we loved it. I am hoping to go back and get a yearly membership. it is downtown Dallas right off of White Rock Lake. This year for the Fall they decorated a section with a Cinderella theme. There is face painting, a petting zoo, hay maze, and over 20,000 pumpkins!



I have always said I would never put my child on a "leash" but after experiencing him at the Arboretum I completely understand why parents do that with their children. Nolan was on the go pumpkin here, pumpkin there he had to see everyone. These days he finds it hilarious to run away from us and have us catch him but if you could hear the laughter that comes out of him I will chase him any day. He caught on very quickly that mommy wanted picture of him in the pumpkins so every pumpkin he would see he would sit on an smile, imagine 20,000 pumpkins! It was precious.




Nolan went to his 1st OU volleyball game- it was at TCU in Fort Worth. OU Won!!




I googled and googled and finally found a really pumpkin farm in Texas. Big Orange Pumpkin Farm, Celina, TX here we come. We drove 45 minutes to the middle of no where to find a beautiful farm with a hayride, livestock, a hay maze (the real deal), a pumpkin patch, and tractor rides. I could not have asked for a better Sunday to spend with my boys. Nolan got to feed the goats, sheep, longhorns or cows, and chickens. He couldn't get enough of the goats there was only 30+ to choose from on which one to feed he was smiling from ear to ear. Showing us how to feed them and clapping for himself afterward. At first he was unsure of the longhorns but once daddy showed him how to feed them he was mister independent. After 2 hours at the farm, mud on our shoes and grass stains on our knees it was what I call a perfect Sunday!




No comments:

Post a Comment