Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Being New Parents

There is no book that can prepare you for the adventures of becoming a parent. But your instincts just kick in and you dive head first into mommy and daddy mode. We have had many laughs throughout our journey as mommy and daddy.  It started from day one when John said he must wear gloves, yes latex gloves everytime he would change Nolan. But needless to say it only lasted a few days before he realized he would be going through alot of boxes if he kept that up! Another memory that makes us laugh is how our conversations went from how was your day, what did you do, what should we eat for dinner to what color was his poop, how much did he eat, when was that last time he ate, did I eat today, did I take a shower today or this week? The term new mommy brain is a real thing. I really don't believe my memory came back until a year later and sometimes I still question if it ever came back.

Boogers Boogers Booger! I never in a million years would think I would be the mom that can pick a booger of someone else. But when it is your own child nothing matters but them. You pick their boogers with bare hands, clean up spit, did I mention getting thrown up on? Yes one of my "I am officially a mother" moments in the last year is when Nolan threw up on me not once but twice and I had to change him while I still had throw up all over me. You just put your childs needs first, you don't even think twice about it. It is called True Love






No comments:

Post a Comment