Tuesday, October 16, 2012

1st Holidays

The holidays are a time to share with family and loved ones. The Fall came quickly followed by Christmas. Before we jump into the holidays John and I added a new nephew to the bunch. Noah Hensley Gerety was born September 16, 2011 just 3 months after Nolan.



Happy Halloween!!
 A smiling Skeleton




Turkey Day

This year (2011) we spent Thanksgiving and Christmas at home. I was so excited to host my first Thanksgiving and cook my very first turkey. Thanks to my older sister Nellie who provided me with an amazing recipe to slow cook a turkey it was a great success and the only way I will ever cook a turkey for years to come! Plus I made my own cranberry sauce, it is so simple to make.

My turkey appetizer


John's parents came in town for our Thanksgiving celebration. We had lots of food, love and laughter that weekend. After turkey day instead of shopping we were able to go see Shrek ICE at the Gaylord Texan Resort in Dallas. It is all hand made ice sculptures of Shrek really neat to experience if you are ever in Dallas.






Merry Christmas
Christmas we spent at home just the 3 of us or should I say 5 with the dogs. It was quiet, relaxing and simple. Nolan enjoyed opening his gifts on Christmas morning and playing with all his new toys from Santa and family members.








To finish off the Holiday season John and I welcomed another niece to the family, Miss Nevia Evelyn Rose Lithopoulos January 6, 2012. We are now proud Aunt and Uncle of 3 nephews and 2 nieces. Nolan has 2 cousins his age, if we all lived in the same area they would probably be in the same class together. I can only imagine Nevia trying to have a boyfriend in High School with Nolan and Noah looking out for her good luck boys! Especially considering where they stand on the growth charts as babies. Jason, I don't think you would mind her cousins being on team dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment