Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Nolan's First Birthday

Nolan,

A year has passed already and an incredible year it has been. Birthdays are meant to be special and we celebrated all week with you celebrating your important milestone. Grandma Dawn, Aunt Maizi, Great Grandma Evelyn, Grandpa John, Grandma Linda, and your cousin Jansen all came in town to celebrate with you.

I took time this week to just look at you while you were sleeping taking in all that a year has brought us. A year ago we were preparing for your arrival I would sit in your empty room dreaming of what you would look like and who you would become. I could not wait to get you in my arms and love and kiss you. The night before you were born your dad and I were lying in bed talking about the parents we wanted to be how we wanted you to be healthy, kind, smart, handsome, happy, honest,  and loving. That no matter what happens in life we just wanted you to know your parents love you, we will be there for you and you can trust us. We want you to be you and no one else.

In this last year you have taught me in a matter of moments of entering my life how different I was before you. How different my life was before you. How different my heart was before you. And now how different my life and heart will be forever because of you.  
You look at me and just smile. My world stops when you smile at me. Anything that has happened in the last week, day, or hour doesn’t matter when you smile at me, it makes my world stop and I smile back and just take in that moment. You make me so happy. I love that you are so happy. I love that you love me. I love that you have so much energy and just want to play. You are the definition of a boy. Your laugh melts my heart and you laugh often.
Happy 1st Birthday Nolan Michael
Love,
Mom




One Years Old
1. What is your favorite color? No colors yet
2. What is your favorite toy? Anything with Music
3. What is your favorite stuffed animal? The monkey beanie baby
4. What is your favorite thing to sleep with? Yellow and green blanket
5. What is your favorite fruit? I like all fruits, grapes
6. What is your favorite cereal? Cheerios
7. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Cereal
8. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Tacos at school
9. What is your favorite dessert? Not big on sweets
10. What is your favorite drink? Milk
11. What do you want to eat for your birthday dinner? Chicken
12. What is your favorite animal? Elephant
13. What is your favorite book? Polar Bear Polar Bear
14. What is your favorite song? Open Shut Them
15. What is your favorite game? No Games yet
16. What is your favorite TV show? Mickey Mouse
17. What is your favorite movie? No Movies
18. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Bubbles
19. Who is your best friend? Avelynn
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? My mommy tells me a Petrophysicist

No comments:

Post a Comment