Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Day We Found Out

We found out we were pregnant Monday, October 11, 2010. Like all mothers it took me 4 pregnancy tests to convince myself that it was official and real! The first 2 I took the line showed up only faintly. After I took the 2nd one I showed my husband, John and asked him what he saw. He told me he sees only one but the second line is kind of there. You can't be half way pregnant. It is an all or nothing deal. So I bought a new brand on my way to work and come to find out a + sign was staring me in the face. I was so happy I literally jumped up and down.
I waited all day to tell my husband, cause telling him through text or over the phone was not going to work for me. I wanted it to be special. When I got home I took out the onsie I bought that said "I love my dad" and wrapped it. When my husband opened it his exact words were "Thanks, you got me a new workout shirt." Then he unfolded it and read what it said. Keep in mind my husband wears a size 2X. He looked at me and thought I was playing a trick on him. He didn't believe me. Once reality set it he was very happy and asked when we could start discussing baby names.
On Tuesday, October 12th the Doctor confirmed I was pregnant with my bloodwork. Once that came back positive I felt like I could be happy and it was real.

No comments:

Post a Comment