Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Full Term 37 weeks

37 weeks
We have officially made it to full term! The last few weeks have been interesting; at my last appointment (36 weeks) the doctor told me that if I feel any contractions consistently even if they don’t hurt to head on up to the hospital. So last Friday we made the call that it was time to head in. We made arrangement for Nolan and headed to Labor and Delivery. Only to be sent home, I was having contractions and they were consistent but not enough to call it labor or induce me at 36 weeks.
My last appointment was yesterday and now that I am full term you can make your arrival safely any day now and if we head to the hospital they will not be sending us home.  I am officially done working as of last week, and while most people would love to not work I am bored out of my mind. The house is clean, errands have been ran, groceries purchased. If I wasn’t pregnant at this time I would love to start my mornings working out. I don’t know how people do it staying home especially if they don’t have kids. What do you do all day that doesn’t require spending money?
How Far Along: 37 weeks
Baby Size: 19 inches,6.5 lbs (size of a Swiss chard)
Total Weight Gain: still under 30lbs
Maternity Clothes: Absolutely!!
Sleep:  I wake up about twice a night and have a very hard time falling back asleep
Best Moment This Week: Knowing you are full term and there is a very small chance of having to go to NICU.  
Miss Anything?  Working out
Movement:  You still move all the time but you are nice and snug so it no longer hurts
Food Cravings:  Food anything except meat. I think I ate 4 bowls of cereal yesterday
Anything Making You Queasy or Sick? Nope
Gender: A Girl
Baby Milestone of the week: FULL TERM!! Lungs are fully developed 
Labor Signs:  Yes! I have at least 3 contractions an hour. On a scale of 1-10 they are a 2 nothing that lasts long or is extremely painful. The doctor checked my cervix and I am dilated to 5 cm and 75% effaced already. I could go into labor any day now but I have a feeling you are comfy and plan on waiting another week or so.
Belly Button in or out? It is in but the top of it sticks out and you can see it in my shirts.
Wedding Rings on or off? On- but somedays it is to tight 
Happy or Moody most of the time:  happy for the most part but my emotions are little all over the place
Looking Forward To:  Finally going into labor and getting to hold you. We can’t wait to meet you and welcome you into our family! You brother is finally back to saying yes to having a sister and baby in the house.



Nolan Snuggling with his baby sister waiting for her arrival

No comments:

Post a Comment