Thursday, June 6, 2013

A moment Cherished

This morning I woke up to a huge thunderstorm and Nolan screaming “raining, raining” in his bedroom. I went upstairs at 5:00am to comfort him and bring him into our bed. As he cuddled up in my arms and fell back asleep it made me think how amazing it is to be given the opportunity to be a mother. To have a responsibility that provide a security, comfort and love to your child words cannot describe and to have that moment where all they need to do is be in your arms and the thunder, lightning and rain, no longer scare them. It reminded me of when he was first born and all I could do was look at him and my thoughts and world around me completely stopped and I couldn’t stop smiling. It was a simple morning to have my son in my arms and my husband next to me but it was a small moment I cherish and I am thankful for.
While this was just a simple thunderstorm I did have time to reflect on all those affected by the massive tornado in Moore, Oklahoma that destroyed a city and took lives. I can only imagine what fear those parents and children felt while they clung to each other and how scared everyone must have been. I would like to take this moment to thank God for the blessings I have in my life and to also be there for the people who have been effected by the tornado and lost everything both homes, and lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment