Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Week 30

Week 30
Memorial Day has come and gone and now we are headed into the summer. The weather is still really nice, and you will not hear me complain once if it stays in the 70s and 80s until the end of July. Usually around this time it has already hit 100 degrees and is hot and humid but so far it has been a very mild start to the summer.
I am pregnant, yes very pregnant and I still have 10 weeks to go. It makes me laugh to hear the comments people make, not trying to be offensive in anyway but facts are facts. “You look really pregnant today” “You are starting to waddle” “You must be getting close to your due date” “How far along are you?, You still have 10 more weeks, wow”
Yes, I am clearly pregnant, and am much bigger this time around, I walk slower and I am scared to death what the next 10 weeks are going to be like. But our baby girl is healthy and so is her mommy and that is all that matters. So if I need to slow down a little bit and waddle as I call it I will. But I will make sure going forward to tell my friends when they are pregnant that they look tiny and beautiful and not say “you look really pregnant today” because stating the obvious doesn’t help when you are uncomfortable.
How Far Along: 30 weeks
Baby Size: 15.5 inches, 3 pounds (the size of a head of cabbage)
Total Weight Gain: still 19 pounds
Maternity Clothes: Absolutely!!
Sleep: This last week I have slept better than the previous few weeks but I am very exhausted, I feel as tired as I did in the first trimester.  
Best Moment This Week: Sleeping through the night for the last 3 nights in a row without having to get up and use the restroom.
Miss Anything?  Bending over, I can’t do that many more I get feet in my ribs and it hurts, so I always have to bend with my knees.
Movement:  You still move a lot but this weekend you must have caught up on your beauty rest too because you didn’t kick me as much.
Food Cravings:  Lately, my appetite has picked back up, I am back to eating a normal diet but no cravings or indulgences.
Anything Making You Queasy or Sick? Nope, just trying to eat small meals and stay hydrated so I don’t have heartburn.
Gender: Girl!
Baby Milestone of the week:  Your brain cells are developing at a rapid pace. Your fingernails and toenails are fully developed. You can also regulate your own body temperature.
Labor Signs:  Still having contractions that I am calling Braxton Hicks go to the doctor this week for our 30 week checkup and we will see what she says.
Belly Button in or out? It is in but the top of it sticks out and you can see it in my shirts.
Wedding Rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time:  This last week my hormones were all over the place, I was much more emotional than usual.
Looking Forward To:  It’s hard to put in words but I have a lot of anxiety going into these last 10 weeks. Most people would say that you know what to expect with your second child but for me it is the complete opposite. I was induced with Nolan and never felt a contraction until 25 minutes before he was born. Yes, I was extremely lucky and was only in any pain and labor for a whole 25 minutes. It happened so fast I barely remember it being painful.
So this time around I don’t know what to think, will labor be fast or will I be in labor for hours? Will I feel contractions and have to rush to the hospital, will I have to call an ambulance, what about Nolan will we have enough time to find someone to watch him? All these thoughts are racing through my head every day.
I am feeling a lot more movement with you and can feel my stomach tighten already. I need you to wait until at least 37 weeks so you are fully developed and I would not like to be confined to bed rest. Now we are in the home stretch of going to the doctor every two weeks, each time I pray that she will tell us everything is fine and there are no signs of labor yet.
So my little girl keep cooking and be good to your mommy because we can’t wait to meet you but we will be patient while you finish your development. You are going to need all the energy you can get to keep up with your big brother so enjoy the peace and quiet now in my belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment