Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Week 29

Hi Baby girl,
We are in the home stretch! We had our 28 appointment last Friday and got to see you. You were showing off your breathing and showing us your hand with your little fingers opening and closing them. Based on the sonogram it looks like you too will have your daddy’s nose! You were measuring to be 16.5 inches already which is long and your weight is right now track. You are sitting comfortably head down and giving my ribcage some nice jabs. You still have some space to move around but your little home is getting smaller as we approach these last 10 weeks.
The nursery is coming along, your curtains are up and your dresser is put together. It looks like a big girl room and I love it, no theme just sophisticated- coral, red, aqua, and grey! You have lots of clothes that I cannot wait to dress you up in and I have been working on my newest craft project headbands.
How Far Along: 29 weeks
Baby Size: 15 inches, 3 pounds (the size of a butternut squash)
Total Weight Gain: 19 pounds
Maternity Clothes: Absolutely!!
Sleep: It hasn’t been too bad so far. I do wake up about twice a night, 12:00 and 4:00 so I am wondering if this is going to be your pattern when you are born, if it is I can definitely live with twice a night!
 Best Moment This Week: Your brother likes to feel you kick so he puts his hand on my belly and says baby kick.
Miss Anything?  This week it is getting hard to bend forward, I am really having to bend with my knees otherwise you let me know I am squishing you.
Movement: Yes little lady you are very active! I can feel your little toes in my ribs and you stick your butt out.
Food Cravings:  No cravings this week, food actually doesn’t sound good at all. I have not been feeling so well this week. I am starting to experience heartburn (again feet in my ribs) which is causing discomfort and making me nauseous
Anything Making You Queasy or Sick? Not specifically but not feeling great
Gender: Girl!
Baby Milestone of the week: Your muscles and lungs are continuing to mature. You are soaking up lots of calcium as your skeleton is hardening and your bones are getting strong.
Labor Signs: It has been doctor confirmed that I have been having contractions but nothing longer than 30 seconds and nothing painful. We need to make it to 34 weeks with no labor signs so they don’t put me on bed rest little lady! Let’s work together on this one.  
Belly Button in or out? It is in but the top of it sticks out and you can see it in my shirts.
Wedding Rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy but I am definitely feeling the waves of emotions. I am a little all over the place and can cry with the snap of a finger.
Looking Forward To: snuggling with you in the first couple weeks while the two of us bond. Even though I will be tired and exhausted the first couples days and weeks are the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment