Tuesday, November 6, 2012

30 Days to Give Thanks

Day 1- Today I am thankful for my incredible Husband. I have been blessed to have a partner that allows me to be myself. You accept me for who I am.  You love me for me: the good, the bad and the ugly. You put our family’s needs before your own. John you have taught me things in the last 10 years that I would have never learned without you in my life. Patience being the best lesson of all and that life is short so don't sweat the small stuff. Not only are you a great spouse but you are also an amazing father! Nolan and I are truly blessed to have you in our lives.

Day 2-Today I am thankful for our son Nolan Michael Connor. You have taught me so much in the last 17 months. I never knew a smile could make my world just stop and all my troubles disappear. Being with you and watching you grow has taught me how to be a better person. You remind me to stay humble, be kind, be innocent and stay young at heart and in spirit. I love you to the moon and back kiddo!

Day 3-Today I am thankful for my mother, Dawn Birkinbine. I don't say it enough but I am very lucky to have you in my life and as my mother. I am very proud to see how strong you are and that you have overcome hard times and landed on your feet. Thank you for teaching me many life lessons that I was told along time ago but did not understand what you meant until I became a mother. The saying "you will understand one day" makes sense the older I get and I too will probably be saying that to Nolan one day also. Thank you also for taking such amazing care of our sister, Maizi. She is so lucky to have you as her mother and taking care of her.

Day 4-With the economy the way it is I am beyond lucky to have the job I do. So today’s thank you goes to Kosmos Energy for not only providing me with a job and a career but for being a company that appreciates and takes care of their employees.

Day 5- My Sisters! Nellie, Jane, Sheila and Maizi, where do I begin. We have our ups, we have our downs but we always have one another’s back and a bond that can’t be broken.
The Importance Of A Sister
A sister is someone who loves you from the heart,
No matter how much you argue you cannot be drawn apart.
She is a joy that cannot be taken away,
Once she enters your life, she is there to stay.

A friend who helps you through difficult times,
Her comforting words are worth much more than dimes.
A partner who fills your life with laughs and smile,
These memories last for miles and miles.

When she is by your side, the world is filled with life,
When she is not around, your days are full of strife.
A sister is a blessing, who fills your heart with love,
She flies with you in life with the beauty of a dove.

A companion to whom you can express your feelings,
She doesn’t let you get bored at family dealings.
Whether you are having your ups or downs,
She always helps you with a smile and never frowns.

With a sister you cannot have a grudge,
She is as sweet as chocolate and as smooth as fudge.
Having a sister is not just a trend,
It is knowing you can always turn to her, your best friend.

Day 6-The right to vote! Happy Election Day! I have never been big into politics but I am grateful for the right to vote and our freedom. Thank you to those like Martin Luther King Jr., Rosa Parks, Susan B Anthony, Lucy Burns and all the other civil rights leaders. We are so lucky to live in a country where there is a peaceful transfer of power, no matter who wins. Even if you didn’t want that person to be President, we all respect them for the next 4 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment