Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Proud Mom

I started this blog so my children would have a place to come-see their pictures, read my messages and relive memories I cherish. This last month a lot has happened that I have had to figure out as a mother what is the best way to approach you children. Our dog Dolce got sick and your dad and I had to make a major decision. I was so scared how this would affect you both. Layla, every single morning you come down the stairs and say hi to Dolce when you get ready to leave you blow her kisses and when we do our goodnight routine Dolce is part of your hugs and kisses. I didn't know how this would change you when she was no longer here. Nolan you are almost 4 so you have a better sense of when change happens. You notice immediately that night that Dolce was not at our house. Our conversation went like this.
Nolan- Mom where is Dolce
Me- She went to heaven Nolan
Nolan-What did she do wrong?
Me- She didn't do anything she was a very good Dog and now gets to be in heaven with God
Nolan-How did she get there
Me- The angels took her
Nolan-She got to fly like the birds!
Me-Yes
Nolan- So now Dolce is the boom boom in my heart like Jesus
Me- Yes (with tears in my eyes)

I could not be more proud of you two!

Later in May Great Grandpa George passed away. We have not experience any death in our family where I have had to explain this to you yet beside Dolce. Even with Dolce we just said she went to heaven. I got the phone call from Grandma Dawn at 5:30am Saturday morning. It was just John and I in the bedroom. That morning while the two of you were eating breakfast- Nolan you picked up your cell phone and had a conversation saying hi, how was your day... small talk followed by I love you Bye. After you got off "your phone" you looked at me and said "Mommy that was Grandpa George."

No comments:

Post a Comment